Commercial Roofing Bowling Green Ky
Water is the silent enemy of your roof system, and its consequences can be downright scary. Imagine saving thousands by restoring versus replacing your commercial roof in Bowling Green?
Do you cringe at every heavy rainfall; fearful of the damage that might be occurring to your most expensive asset to maintain?
Water can pond on the roof’s surface, intrude through cracks or crevices, or force its way in from clogged drains or downspouts.
It pays to maintain a watertight roof. Failing to perform routine maintenance and inspections, or delaying obvious repairs can lead to the following fearful fallouts.
Commercial Roof Repair Bowling Green, KY
Even a small roof leak can lead to significant damage. The key is to catch them – and fix them – early and immediately. Any commercial roofer you hire to fix an obvious leak should also be looking for and addressing other problem areas that are clearly apparent.
Many Commercial Roofing Companies in Bowling Green will tell you to Replace It! We save your thousands by Restoring!
Although most commercial roofing systems are designed for long-term performance, many can still develop problems during their lifespan. Problems can arise when a roof is installed wrong, designed incorrectly, or not properly maintained. When looking to fix a problem commercial roof, there are four options: full replacement, re-cover, repair, or coat. It’s important to answer these questions first, which will guide you toward the choices below.
- How bad is the roof and how much is damaged?
- Does it have the proper amount of insulation?
- Is the building occupied? How easy is it to tear off?
- Is the owner looking for a long-term or short-term solution?
- What is the building used for and where is it located?
- Does the building generate moisture? If so, it may not have the right roof.
Here are the options and the benefits of each to help determine the best path to take.
Repair. Some problems on a roof can be minor and easily repaired, so they don’t warrant the expense of a replacement. Here are some reasons you may choose to repair a roof:
- The membrane is basically in good shape and has not met its life expectation
- The roof has good insulation
- The owner wants to keep costs to a minimum
Benefits of Repairing Commercial Roof in Bowling Green:
- Less costly than a re-cover or replacement
- Extends the life of the roof
Re-cover. Not all damaged roofs need replacing. If the roof is fundamentally sound and has good installation, the most effective solution is to recover. In many cases, if a roof has only one membrane you can put another on top. However, keep in mind that a roof can only be recovered once. Here are some reasons you may choose to re-cover a roof:
- The roof has good insulation, but the membrane has met its life expectancy
- The roof has not been re-covered prior
Benefits of Recovering Commercial Roof in Bowling Green:
- Cheaper than a full replacement
- Less disruptive than a full tear-off
- Less risk of a roof being exposed to the elements
- New, extended warranties are available
Full replacement. Sometimes a roof isn’t a good candidate for a re-cover if the damage is too extensive. If a roof has been re-covered once before, you need to replace it. Here are some reasons to replace a roof:
- Repairs to the roof are extensive; as a rule of thumb, if 25% or more of the roof is damaged it’s best to replace
- Insulation is not up to par or wet
- Owner is looking for a long-term solution and wants to utilize the latest technologies
Benefits of replacing Commercial Roof in Bowling Green:
- Is the best option if an owner plans on keeping the building for the long-term
- Lower maintenance cost
- Least likely to have problems
- Energy savings
Coating. Many commercial roofs can be coated to extend their life. Here are some reasons to coat a roof:
- Extra protection from leaks
- Extends the life of the roof
- Reflective coatings provide energy savings by reflecting heat and UV away from the building
- Improves comfort inside the building by reflecting the sun’s rays away from the roof, keeping the roof and the building cooler
- Improves aesthetics
- Less disruptive than a tear-off
- Cost-effective … often less expensive than other options; rebates may be available and might be written off as an expense in year one (see an accountant)
If you suspect you have a roof leak, contact a Kirkman Commercial Roofing in Bowling Green today to schedule a free inspection.